Wednesday 4 June 2014

MUA Nail Polish Review and Swatches

I started my collection of MUA nail polishes about a year ago, when I purchased a few as I was attracted by their £1 price tag. I now have 5 in a variety of shades, and I have to say, for such a low price they are pretty good! Some are more sheer than others and require a bit more building, however all colours applied opaquely within 3 coats. All the swatches are without a top coat to show the true finish.



Here are swatches of the 5 colours on my nail wheel:
L-R: Bullet, Frozen Yoghurt, Natural Days, Pistachio Ice Cream, Bold Blue

Bullet:

This colour is a slate grey colour, which applies evenly in 2/3 coats. It is quite a runny formula but that could be because it is one of my latest purchases. I bought this colour as grey was the ONLY colour I was missing from my nail polish collection! I can now do nail art with elephants in, yay!


Frozen Yoghurt:

This is a beautiful blue toned purple colour, which applies evenly in 2 coats.


Natural Days:

This is one of my favourite nail polish colours from my whole collection. It is a light, pastel baby pink which looks amazing in any season. It is such a beautiful spring colour especially, and applies nicely with 2 coats. It is not as shiny as the other polishes for some reason, however I still love it.


Bold Blue:

This is my most recent nail polish purchase which I recently got in Superdrug 3 for 2, along with 2 MUA lipsticks. It was crazy how I got a nail polish and two lipsticks for just £2! I picked this colour out as I have nothing like it, and thought it would be a really pretty poolside blue for the summer. It is the runniest of the bunch and requires 3 coats for an opaque look, but this could be because it is new and will take a few openings to thicken up a bit (I found the others did this too as with most polishes).



Pistachio Ice Cream:

This is my favourite out of all these colours! It is a pale greeny blue mint colour (in the picture it is coming off more green than real life, sorry about that). It is such a beautiful colour with such a cute name, and only needs 2 coats. I often get compliments on this colour from people on instagram and in real life. It really does remind me of ice cream and summer, and I love it.


Overall I really love these nail polishes and they are amazing value for money. I will definitely be buying more in the future and I urge you to try them if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment