Friday 16 May 2014

Flip Flop Fantasy Review

China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy: For starters, I had never tried any China Glaze nail polishes before this one. I was so interested to see what all the hype was about at it has been such a popular colour for so long. In pictures I had seen it looked like a bright coral colour, however I did not realise just how bright it would be! If you are looking for a neon orangy coral, this is the perfect shade. It is so neon and bright but so so pretty, and a fantastic colour for summer. It actually makes you look more tanned, which is always a plus (especially when you have vampire skin like me). The colour dries with a semi-matte finish with a slight gloss to it, but mostly matte. Under some lighting it actually looks fully matte, in others you can see a slight gloss.  A top coat can be added to give a gloss finish. The photo really does not do the colour justice!

China Glaze: Flip Flop Fantasy Swatch
One downside to this polish however is that when left matte it can chip quite easily. However, I did find that when I used a gloss top coat over the top it did not chip as much. I have used it in a few nail designs so far and will be sure to use it in many more, especially as summer approaches. Here are a few of my designs so far. The leopard print shows the colour much more true to life!
Taken in artificial light
Taken in natural light. A much better representation of the true neon colour!
Overall, I absolutely love this colour and it is definitely a must have for summer! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment