Sunday 25 May 2014

'Velvet' Nails

Having seen a few people try out the 'velvet' nail trend, I wanted to see what it was like. Believe it or not I actually found some pots of nail art fibres in my local Poundland; only 6 colours for £1! The set I bought came with black, red, light pink, dark pink, blue, and purple. An interesting colour selection, however for only £1 it was hardly breaking the bank to try out the trend. I chose to add some red velvet to my flower mani that I was already sporting (check my instagram to see it). To apply the fibres I painted my nails with one coat of red polish, then a layer of top coat, using tweezers to drop clumps of the fibres onto my newly painted nails. After pressing them down a little and leaving them to dry for a minute or two, I used a fan brush to sweep away the left over fibres back into the pot. Et voila! 


I would definitely recommend doing this over a tray or plate or something that will catch the excess fibres to avoid making a mess...


I actually quite like the effect it created, although it was just a bit of fun and personally not something I would wear on a daily basis! Definitely something to try if you are looking for a unique look on your nails, and easy enough for beginners. What do you think?

close up of the furry texture

No comments:

Post a Comment