Friday 30 May 2014

Taylor Swift Nails! 'Speak Now'

When asking for requests on my Instagram for what to do on my nails next, one follower had the awesome idea to do nails inspired by your favourite CD cover. As soon as I read the idea I instantly thought of Taylor Swift's 'Speak Now'. Taylor is my all time favourite artist and I felt really inspired by this album art as it looks so magical, and 'enchanting'.. The vibrant purple colour and the glitter really make for a beautiful album cover. So I thought I would go ahead and try it out- Speak Now Nails. 


This was my inspiration. I am lucky enough to own a signed copy myself, which I bought from Taylor's Speak Now tour a few years ago. However when photographing the colours did not show true to life, so I thought I would grab one from the internet as well.


So here is a close up of the nails. I used a shimmery purple base by NailsInc in the colour 'marylebone lane' to start off with. I then used 2 different glitters to create a faded glitter effect, firstly Barry M's 'Diamomd Glitter' (it is genuinely spelt like that on my bottle, not sure if thats right...?) and over the top of that, I used Sinful Colours 'Queen of Beauty'. For the writing and extra glitter/star things I used some white nail paint from eBay, and a very tiny nail art brush. 


The finished product! I really love these, especially because they are inspired by my favourite artist, Taylor Swift. I actually have also done some nails inspired by 'Red' back in February for Taylor's Red tour in London, which can be seen on my instagram! Thanks for reading! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment